Due to Doctor availability we do not accept walk-in appointments.
Appointments can be made by calling reception or booking online via Hotdoc – this can be done below or on the Hotdoc app on your phone.Standard consultations are in 15 minute intervals and long consultations are allocated 30 minutes.
Specific issues, such as complex medical examinations, health assessments, care plans and medical procedures require longer appointments and must be booked in advance and through reception.
When booking online please ensure that you:
- select that you are an existing patient if you have been to either Docker Street General Medical Centre or South Wangaratta Medical Centre before in the past (even if it was a long time ago!)
- enter your name as it appears on your medicare card
- remember that we are unable to offer a telephone or telehealth consult unless you have been seen by a doctor at either clinic for the past 12 months
When attending the appointment please:
- bring your medicare card with you
- advise your doctor at the start of your consultation if you have several matters you wish to discuss. You may be asked to book a further appointment at a later stage if you have multiple requests/issues because of time restraints.
- advise reception of any recent changes to your contact or medicare card details
- We make every effort to ensure clients are seen on their preferred day with the doctor of their choice.
- Provisions are made in our appointment system for emergency consultations.
- We understand and your time is valuable and will make every effort to ensure your waiting time is kept to a minimum. Sometimes general practice is unpredictable and urgent medical needs will be given priority
- translation services can be arranged for patients who have difficulty speaking or understanding English. We do have doctors that are fluent in Farsi, Pakistani, Sinhalese, Tamil, Urdu, German, French available if needed.